What are your goals for the City Council in 2015?
What are your goals for the City in 2015? Share your ideas with your City Council!
On January 10, the City Council will meet to set their goals for 2015. In preparation, the Mayor and Council are inviting the community to participate and provide input via open City Hall and at an informal Open House and Community Reception.
The Open House will be held on January 8 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Adult Community Center. Rather than formal testimony, the Council invites you to drop in, visit with Councilors in a relaxed setting at round tables, have a treat, and share your thoughts for the upcoming year.
- What do you want the Council to focus on in 2015? How would like to be involved or participate in those goals?
- What issues or opportunities should the Council keep in mind as they set goals for 2015 and beyond?
- Are there goals from the previous year that they should continue to work on?
The City Council’s Goals for 2014 included:
- Complete the 2013 Action Plan goal to sell the West End Building.
- Complete the 2013 Action Plan goals for updating the comprehensive plan.
- Adopt changes to the development code to implement the reform of regulations on “sensitive lands.”
- Amend the tree code to more appropriately address large land parcels, both private and public, for forest management.
- To the extent finances are available, invest in a street maintenance program that will, over five years, result in attaining and maintaining a Pavement Condition Index of 70.
- Adopt a design and funding strategy for upgrading the Operations Center.
- Develop a financially feasible plan for a community facility (library services, meeting rooms, police presence) in Lake Grove in conjunction with the Boones Ferry project.
- Complete property acquisition and actively market the North Anchor properties. Plans for development should involve nearby residents and other community members, as well as those with expertise in the market for commercial real estate.
A full list of the Council’s adopted goals and policies are online at http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/citycouncil/2014-city-council-goals-and-policies.
Thank you for your thoughts and comments.
Outcome: Under Review
January 10, 2015
This topic has 414 visitors and 23 statements: 16 registered statements and 7 unregistered statements.
That's 1.2 hours of public comment @ 3 minutes per statement.