City of Decatur staff and the design team led by Landis-Evans & Partners and Atkins would like your feedback on the problems and opportunities at the Atlanta Avenue railroad crossing.
Railroad Crossing Improvements @ Atlanta Avenue Public Kick-off Open House/Workshop ONLINE
Welcome! Whether you attended the Public Kick-off Open House/Workshop on November 15 and want more information, or you missed the workshop and would like to participate, you have come to the right spot. The workshop displays and handouts are provided to give you the same materials and a similar experience to what the attendees of the Public Kick-off Open House/Workshop received. We have listed each document below along with a description of how it was used at the workshop. You can either print them yourself or pick up copies at Decatur City Hall, 509 North McDonough Street, Decatur, GA 30030.
- Welcome- This was prominently displayed at the entrance of the Workshop. It provides instructions on how to move around the activity areas and what to do at each. https://oth.opengov.com/production/uploads/portals/49/forum/issue/6941/issue_asset/asset/9372/Welcome_Board_v8.pdf
- Project Board- This was displayed at Area 1 and gives detailed information on the various aspects and history of the Railroad Crossing Improvements at Atlanta Avenue Project. https://oth.opengov.com/production/uploads/portals/49/forum/issue/6941/issue_asset/asset/9376/Project_Board_v8.pdf
- Workshop Activity #2- This document enabled participants to identify existing operational concerns or other challenges. You can use Open City Hall to list the top 3 observations, challenges and concerns about the area. Or, if you would like to participate like visitors to the workshop, please print out or drop by City Hall to pick up a copy of the activity sheet and return or email to the address below. https://oth.opengov.com/production/uploads/portals/49/forum/issue/6941/issue_asset/asset/9373/Workstation2_Aerial_Handout_v5.pdf
- Workshop Activity #3- This document enabled participants to sketch out or describe their ideas and concepts for improvements. If you would like to participate like visitors to the workshop, please print out or drop by City Hall to pick up a copy of the activity sheet and return or email to the address below. https://oth.opengov.com/production/uploads/portals/49/forum/issue/6941/issue_asset/asset/9374/Workstation3_Aerial_Handout_v6.pdf
- Thank You Board- This was displayed at the exit of the workshop. It provides information on upcoming events related to the project along with the link to this website. Feel free to give this document to any friends and neighbors who may be interested in participating in the future. https://oth.opengov.com/production/uploads/portals/49/forum/issue/6941/issue_asset/asset/9375/Thank_you_Board_v7.pdf
We encourage you to learn about the project and complete the workshop activities using the materials listed above. When completed be sure to send in the Workshop Activity #2 and Workshop Activity #3 documents. These can be mailed to: Hugh Saxon, Deputy City Manager, P.O. Box 220, Decatur, GA 30031 or emailed on or before December 7, 2018 to .