Please provide your feedback on the Poplar Street Traffic Calming, Safety, and Greening.
The City of Half Moon Bay is studying options to improve safety, address storm water iss
ues, and preserve the unique aesthetic of Poplar Street between Main Street and Railroad Avenue. Items under consideration include, but are not limited to:
Traffic and Safety
- Pedestrian accessibility (sidewalks and pathways)
- Traffic calming elements
- Street striping designed to reduce traffic speeds
- Access improvements for pedestrians and bicyclists
- Retention of existing trees
- Placement of new trees and landscaping
- Elements to enhance the beauty of the corridor
- Improvement to stormwater quality and flow
The project is funded, in part, through a $1.2 million grant from the Transportation for Livable Communities Program.
The entire community’s involvement and input is crucial for the visioning of safety improvements and greening elements along Poplar Street. You can help our efforts by completing the following survey.