Click this link to optimize Open Town Hall for screen readers Skip to Content
Open Town Hall
Open Town Hall

What questions do you have around the Carr Fire?

Sort by:

126 registered questions

Question Browser

Damage to driveway

Janice Hanks outside Redding City Limits
September 5, 2018, 8:15 PM

We live in the county and have a long cement driveway. If the driveway is damaged or destroyed do we have any recourse?


Bubble grey black

City Manager's Office over 1 year ago

Hi Janice, if your home was burned and you are having Cal Recycle clean-up debris, they will not remove the driveway. You will need to call your insurance company for guidance on coverage and replacement. You also might visit the Disaster Recovery Center set up at 2685 Hilltop Drive (old Kmart building) to learn about any programs that can help mitigate the costs of driveway replacement.

Thank you!


Bubble grey black

Janice Hanks over 1 year ago

Our driveway was not damaged by the Carr Fire, we are concerned that it may be damaged by the Cal Recycle clean-up debris program contractor. It is not designed for heavy equipment or tractors with metal tracks. If our driveway is damaged by the clean-up who is responsible for repairs? I am told the contractors have lighter weight equipment that they can use. May we request lighter equipment?


Bubble grey black

City Manager's Office over 1 year ago

Janice, you should be prepared to replace the driveway. You may be able to cover the cost with the "debris removal" portion of your insurance. If you use it to replace the driveway, keep the receipt. Your contribution to CalRecycle will simply be less the cost of the driveway... or any other debris removal you may have to do. There are options, be sure to check with the DROC to make sure you have explored them all.


To write a comment, your browser needs to accept cookies from

Read more >

Open Town Hall is not a certified voting system or ballot box. As with any public comment process, participation in Open Town Hall is voluntary. The questions in this record are not necessarily representative of the whole population, nor do they reflect the opinions of any government agency or elected officials.