Click this link to optimize Open Town Hall for screen readers Skip to Content
Open Town Hall
Open Town Hall

What questions do you have around the Carr Fire?

Sort by:

126 registered questions

Question Browser

CARR FIRE Property Taxes

Linda Hodges outside Redding City Limits
October 2, 2018, 4:41 PM

Will the Assessors office notify people that thry have a program in place so that the Carr fire victims can keep their Property Taxes that they had before the fire ( if they qualify)?


Bubble grey black

City Manager's Office over 1 year ago

Not sure what you're asking here. You can contact the Assessor's office directly at 225-3600.


Bubble grey black

Linda Hodges over 1 year ago

It means that residents may be eligible for some relief on their property taxes to off-set the cost of damages due to the wild fire. The county has passes an ordinance that allows property tax relief to owners of damaged or destroyed property. When the property is rebuilt, in a like or similar manner, the values return to the pre-damaged state as if no calamity had occurred. Residents have to file a claim with the Assessors Office within 1 year of the disaster. If no claim is filed -- then residents will get charged with new construction. Which will be hundreds of dollars more than they were before the disaster. Im just trying to save these people money and the Assessors Office is not going to notify people that this program is available to them.


Bubble grey black

City Manager's Office over 1 year ago

Thanks for helping to spread the word. To find out more about the intentions of the Assessor's Office, you can call them directly at 225-3600.


To write a comment, your browser needs to accept cookies from

Read more >

Open Town Hall is not a certified voting system or ballot box. As with any public comment process, participation in Open Town Hall is voluntary. The questions in this record are not necessarily representative of the whole population, nor do they reflect the opinions of any government agency or elected officials.