Click this link to optimize Open Town Hall for screen readers Skip to Content
Open Town Hall
Open Town Hall

What questions do you have around the Carr Fire?

Sort by:

126 registered questions

Question Browser


SHARYN BUCHHOLZ inside Redding City Limits
August 13, 2018, 3:22 PM

Is there any help, financial or re-location services, available to people who have been displaced by the excessive smoke and heat? My situation is that I was living with a friend on the east side of Redding for the past 9 months. Though her house was not burned, the resulting smoke and initially ash, coupled with the extreme heat and lack of air conditioning, and my senior age of almost 70 and current health issues, have left me without a place to live. I am temporarily staying with my son and family in Bay Area. I stress temporarily as I am beginning my third week here and do not know how much longer they will host me.

Thank for any information or help!
Sharyn Buchholz

1 comment

Bubble grey black

Janelle Galbraith over 1 year ago

Hi Sharyn, you can call FEMA at 800-621-3362 to inquire about assistance.


To write a comment, your browser needs to accept cookies from

Read more >

Open Town Hall is not a certified voting system or ballot box. As with any public comment process, participation in Open Town Hall is voluntary. The questions in this record are not necessarily representative of the whole population, nor do they reflect the opinions of any government agency or elected officials.