Click this link to optimize Open Town Hall for screen readers Skip to Content
Open Town Hall
Open Town Hall

What questions do you have around the Carr Fire?

Sort by:

126 registered questions

Food/ evacuated replacement?

Angela Pound outside Redding City Limits
August 8, 2018, 8:41 PM

Is there any way for regular people to get food/ money for food lost to no power? And displacment gas/ expenses ?


Bubble grey black

City Manager's Office over 1 year ago

Hi Angela, you might check out the Disaster Recovery Center located at the old K-Mart building located at 2685 Hilltop Dr, Redding, CA 96002. The facility is operated by Cal OES and FEMA and is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Representatives from FEMA, the U.S. Small Business Administration and other state, local and federal agencies will staff the center.


Bubble grey black

Angela Pound over 1 year ago

Thank you, but my neighbor and her Mom (who has been evac. from Igo) went and after hours of waiting where asked for reciepts or a letter from the person staying with? Realy? We have id with profe of adress why the hoops? I drove thru the start of the lake fire/mendo complex fire w 3 kids in car and fire next to road to get to a friends in Laytonville stayed for week tried to come home car broke 2 more days food\5 people did grab what I could to suplament but after gas had 7 dollars! Did work at friends to raise money for gas to get home and 75 Dollars in car parts thank God my husband is a mechanic ret. and we didnt have to pay labor too. We are at least 500-600 in the red. We both work and still i feel absolutly abondonded and so do many others. I live in low income but am no longer on assistance. So stressed as how to proceed and feed my family and pay bills and rent.


To write a comment, your browser needs to accept cookies from

Read more >

Open Town Hall is not a certified voting system or ballot box. As with any public comment process, participation in Open Town Hall is voluntary. The questions in this record are not necessarily representative of the whole population, nor do they reflect the opinions of any government agency or elected officials.