Click this link to optimize Open Town Hall for screen readers Skip to Content
Open Town Hall
Open Town Hall

What questions do you have around the Carr Fire?

Sort by:

126 registered questions

Can I just get a building permit and start rebuilding my home?

Elizabeth Daugherty outside Redding City Limits
August 6, 2018, 3:55 PM

1 comment

Bubble grey black

City Manager's Office over 1 year ago

The short answer of course is yes. However, we are working on the details for the process. A permit won't be issued until your property is clean and cleared but we will begin working with property owners to start this process. We have a meeting tomorrow to detail out how it will work and have that information up as soon as we can.


To write a comment, your browser needs to accept cookies from

Read more >

Open Town Hall is not a certified voting system or ballot box. As with any public comment process, participation in Open Town Hall is voluntary. The questions in this record are not necessarily representative of the whole population, nor do they reflect the opinions of any government agency or elected officials.