How would you spend $500 in the Town's budget?
The San Anselmo Town Council wants your input on budget priorities. This on-line forum gives you the opportunity to share your priorities by telling us how you would spend $500 in the Town's budget. The results will be considered by the Council during the budget hearing on June 12, 2018.
To participate follow these steps:
- Click "Add My Budget" at the bottom of the page.
- Ask yourself: If you were helping to manage the checkbook, how would you spend $500? Emphasize your priorities by dividing the money just as you would for your own personal budget.
- Expand each category by clicking on it. This will allow you to distribute the money based on the sub categories within the larger budget category.
- Spending money in a category means the Town should continue to provide these services. The higher the amount allocated, the higher the priority.
- Spending no money in a category means the Town should place a lower priority on these services.
- This exercise assumes that the Town's baseline budget is in place. Your choices constitute allocating additional funds.
- May 5th - Community Budget Workshop - 10:00 to 11:30 A.M. - San Anselmo Town Council Chambers
- May 5th to May 30th - 'Dollars and Sense' budget feedback topic available on our Virtual Town Hall
- June 8th - Community feedback presented to council in staff report (available online after 5pm)
- June 12th - Town Council Meeting - Fiscal Year 2018/19 Budget Hearing (public input encouraged at this meeting)
- June 26th - Town Council Meeting - Revised 2018/19 Budget Presented to Council for adoption
Click here to see the Town's Budget presentation as presented at the May 5th workshop.
Thank you for your time and input!
The deadline for posting budgets was 11:59 PM on May 30, 2018
Subscribe to receive important updates about Dollars and Sense.
This topic has 99 visitors and 12 budgets.
That's 36 minutes of public comment @ 3 minutes per budget.