Here are our draft priority topics. Are we on the right track?
We heard from you! In April and May, 1,300 people responded via an online survey; community-led meetings; focus groups; and “pop-ups” at public events. Following a workshop with community partners (read the background information online), the City recently identified these five draft priority topics for our future Citywide Strategic Plan:
- Growth & Development: Proactively manage the type, character and pattern of development, addressing affordability and providing services for new and existing residents.
- Mobility: Prioritize local travel and diversify options to make it easier for people to get around town.
- Infrastructure: Ensure the City can properly build and maintain utilities, roads, parks and other facilities to serve our current and future community.
- Environmental Stewardship: Intentionally plan, maintain and preserve Issaquah’s environment and natural setting.
- City Leadership & Services: Build trust in decision-making through authentic, transparent and inclusive community engagement, and strengthen collaboration to provide exceptional services to our growing and diversifying community.
Are we on the right track? Please take our survey!