Share your thoughts on the Waterloo Region Community Energy Investment Strategy's goals and objectives!
The Region of Waterloo would like your opinion on the draft Community Energy Investment Strategy.
The Strategy will:
- Help us understand energy use in the region, now and in the future
- Identify ways to save money and improve our local economy as it relates to energy costs
- Find new ways of saving energy and reducing environmental problems, such as air pollution and climate change
Previous engage surveys, as well as other methods of stakeholder engagement such as interviews and meetings, have helped develop the Strategy’s goals, objectives, and energy opportunities.
We use energy on a daily basis to do things such as turn on lights, watch television, drive cars, cook food, etc. Community energy planning can help identify how to reduce the costs from energy consumption, reduce the amount of negative impacts on the environment, and lead to overall improvements in quality of life and local economy.
The Region of Waterloo, the cities of Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo, and the local electric and natural gas utilities invite public comment on a draft Community Energy Investment Strategy for Waterloo Region. The Community Energy Investment Strategy includes:
- Information on current and projected future amount of energy used throughout the region;
- Contributions from stakeholder engagement (previous energy engage surveys, telephone surveys, meetings, interviews) and;
- A list of opportunities and recommended actions to help reduce energy consumption and costs, lower greenhouse gas emissions, and strengthen the local economy
We would like your opinion on the Community Energy Investment Strategy’s goals, objectives, and suggested energy opportunities for residents. Your feedback will influence the final version of the Strategy.
If you have any questions about the Community Energy Investment Strategy please contact David Roewade by email at DRoewade@regionofwaterloo.ca or by phone at 519-575-4400, extension 3308 TTY: 519-575-4608