Please give your feedback for the 2018 budget.
We want your input on the 2018 Regional Budget. Do you think the current level of service provided by the Region of Waterloo is good value for the community? Where you would like to see future investment directed? Give Regional Council your opinion by answering the survey about services that are provided to the public. The survey will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
The Region of Waterloo provides 60 per cent of municipal services to a growing community of over 580,000 people. We strive to create a community where people matter and ideas grow by providing a range of services including: public health; services for seniors and children; public transit; regional roads; garbage and recycling; ambulance services; and culture. As always, our goal is to provide residents good value for their tax dollars.
The average cost per household in 2017 for all Regional services including Police Services, was $1,940. A 1 per cent increase in taxes will add $19 to the average residential property tax bill in 2018.
There are opportunities to provide in-person feedback at Regional Council meetings on November 22 and December 5, 2017.
- For more information about how the Region builds its budget, watch this short video.
- If you have any questions please contact, Cheryl Braan at 519-575-4705, TTY: 519-575-5608 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
- This questionnaire will be live from October 6 to November 22, 2017. Once closed, staff will summarize feedback for Regional Council’s consideration. The input will help inform Council’s decisions regarding the 2018 budget on December 13, 2017.
- Councillors will be following the conversation on the Engage site, and we encourage you to do the same!
- Check back in December for the outcome of the 2018 budget process.