Route 120 is becoming the RapidRide H Line. Have a say!
Welcome to the RapidRide H Line Community Conversation Page
Route 120 will become the RapidRide H Line in 2020
Burien / White Center / Westwood Village / North Delridge / Downtown Seattle
We’re working with the City of Seattle to transform Route 120—one of our 10 busiest routes—into the new H Line. We’re asking neighboring communities and other stakeholders to join the conversation, and help us keep what’s great about Route 120 while also improving service.
The RapidRide network, our bus rapid transit service that provides fast, frequent trips along busy corridors, is expanding.
- Today we have 6 RapidRide Lines (A-F).
- We plan to add 13 more by 2025, and another 7 by 2040 to fill out the alphabet.
- Existing RapidRide lines provide about 67,000 rides every weekday – about 70 percent more than the bus routes they replaced.
Expanding RapidRide will give riders better connections to several key destinations, other buses, and light rail. As each new line goes into service, we’ll streamline other bus routes in the area to create a more efficient network
- H Line buses will come more often, travel faster, and be more reliable (on-time) than Route 120.
- The H Line route through White Center will remain on the current path; however, the H Line will move from SW 148th Street to SW 150th Street in Burien
- Subscribe to H Line alerts and project updates
Have a say opportunities
The H Line project team is would like your feedback, we're working to identify priority improvement projects for safety, to make getting to the bus easier, and service reliablity so buses move more and stop less.
Safety improvements and service reliability changes proposed for Burien
April 6-16, 2018 Online open house and feedback opportunity
Thanks for joining us to talk about porposed changes in Burien
Burien project update drop-in info meeting on Saturday, April 7, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Burien Community Center, Manhattan Room
- 14700 6th Ave SW, Burien
Over 1000 people participated in winter 2017/2018 outreach activities and provided feedback. Metro and SDOT are reviewing community input on needs, priorities, route path, future station locations, and improvements we should make along the route so getting to and using the future H line is easier, safer, and more comfortable.
- Public Meeting in Burien: Wednesday, January 10, 5-8 p.m.
- Burien Community Center, Shorewood Room
- 14700 6th Ave SW, Burien
- Public Meeting in White Center: Thursday, January 11, 5-8 p.m
- Mount View Elementary School
- 10811 12th Ave SW, Seattle
- Seattle segment project update drop-in: Wednesday, January 17, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
- 4408 Delridge Way SW, Seattle
January 2-4, 2018, over 28,000 postcards were mailed to homes and businesses along Route 120 informing people (in English, Spanish, Somali, Vietnamese, and Khmer/Cambodian) about the project, upcoming meetings, and opportunities to have a say.
In early January, Metro and the White Center Community Development Association spent a week canvassing along Route 120 to invite people to attend a public meeting, participate online, or fill out a paper survey and return it by mail. Over 2,800 info cards and posters inviting participation in English, Spanish, Somali, Vietnamese, and Khmer/Cambodian were distributed directly to riders, and to community businesses and service organizations.
Between January 5 - 16, 2018, the RapidRide H Line online open house provided opportunity to comment on the route options, proposed stop locations, and desired improvements along the route to make getting to the bus easier and more comfortable.
- Between November 15, 2017 - January 16th, 2018, the needs and priorities survey asked for detailed input from community members, Route 120 riders, and interested stakeholders on what Metro should know as we plan to upgrade the route to the RapidRide H Line.
- Open House Display Boards (January 2018)
- H Line fact sheet (January 2018)
- RapidRide Expansion handout (January 2018)
- H Line informational card (January 2018)
- H Line Proposed Stations--White Center and Burien (January 2018)
- H Line Proposed Stations--Seattle & Delridge Multimodal Corridor and Access to Transit Concepts (January 2018)
- Metro CONNECTS, Long Range Plan
The deadline for posting statements was 11:00 PM on April 16, 2018
Subscribe to receive important updates about RapidRide H Line.