Montgomery Parks is encouraging the public to provide feedback on a proposal to improve the Archery Range at Rock Creek Regional Park. Give us your ideas on how we can improve the Archery Range at Rock Creek Regional Park. Tell Us What You Think!
Help us make the existing archery range better. Tell Us What You Think!
Montgomery Parks is developing a plan to fully access the Archery Range at Rock Creek Regional Park.
Montgomery Parks is seeking public input a project to improve access to the archery range at Rock Creek Regional Park. A view of the existing archery range and conceptual plans are available for viewing at the following link: Aerial Concept Plan for Archery Range at Rock Creek Regional Park.
The following items are being proposed for the improvements:
- A new parking lot that will have 3 accessible parking spaces and 2 additional regular parking spaces.
- An accessible walkway to connect the parking spaces with shooting stations and existing kiosk will be relocated to the side of the walkway.
- Build a concrete pad that will incorporate the 3 existing shooting stations, as well as a waiting area with benches and tables.
- A new shooting station (Station #4) wil be constructed to provide opportunities to close the distance practice.
- Install a bow hanger, a quiver, and distance markers at each of the 4 stations.
- Connect 2 target stations with an accessible walkway for easy access to retrieve the arrows.
Additional improvements will include work on the entrance of the proposed parking lot with stormwater inlet and retaining wall to protect existing trees.
The public is being asked to review the concept and offer comments to improve the plan. Please leave all comments on the Open Town Hall Page. The deadline for submission of comments will be January 26, 2018. For additional information, please contact MontgomeryParks.org.