Share your thoughts on improvements and amenities for Strathmore Local Park.
Strathmore Local Park is located at the terminus of Beaverwood Lane in Aspen Hill, MD. The park serves adjacent neighborhoods and is also adjacent to Strathmore Elementary School and Gate of Heaven Cemetery. The existing park amenities include a playground, two tennis courts, a picnic shelter, and a rectangular field for soccer/football, etc. The existing park does not have on-site parking. Montgomery Parks is now working to make improvements at Strathmore Local Park to potentially include:
- The replacement of the aging playground
- Adding on-site parking and a loop path
- Adding new gathering spaces/picnic areas
- Renovations to the field area, and
- Renovations or conversions of the existing tennis courts.
Your feedback is important to us. Parks staff will use your input to inform the continued design of the park. Comments are being accepted until December 31, 2021.
This topic has 88 visitors and 7 responses.
That's 21 minutes of public comment @ 3 minutes per response.