Subscribe to Registered Statements From Forum Participants
Get registered statements in your RSS reader or emailed to you as a daily digest.
A statement is registered if it is claimed, verified and civil:
- It is claimed if its author has claimed the statement by signing in before or shortly after submitting the statement.
- It is verified if it is claimed and its author has provided their street address in their registration and verified their email address by clicking the verification link emailed by Open Town Hall.
- It is civil if it is verified and it meets the guidelines for civility.
If any of these conditions are not met, then the statement is unregistered.
Statements are emailed at most once per day (in the morning).
Check out some recent Registered Statements from forum participants
Name not shown inside Town Limits July 15, 2019, 2:59 PM
A regional focus is NOT needed to achieve the goal of pursuit of excellence for the town. This is not a top 20 priority for the town -- nice but town needs to address other issues.
Name not shown inside Town Limits July 15, 2019, 2:55 PM
A top 10 priority for the town in order to attract tourists for our community
Name not shown inside Town Limits July 15, 2019, 2:53 PM
a top 10 priority issue to achieve the goal of excellence for the town
Name not shown inside Town Limits July 15, 2019, 2:52 PM
Nice goal but not one of the top 20 for the town to address when more pressing issues are on the table.
Name not shown inside Town Limits July 15, 2019, 2:50 PM
Nice goal but to general in nature whereas goals should be simple and to the point like workforce availability which is required for the pursuit of excellence
Name not shown inside Town Limits July 15, 2019, 2:47 PM
This is a low priority and not in my top 10 priorities that the town needs to address
Name not shown inside Town Limits July 15, 2019, 2:45 PM
This is one of the top 10 priorities
Name not shown inside Town Limits July 15, 2019, 2:33 PM
Low priority issue - town has more important issues to address
Gary Reynolds inside Town Limits July 12, 2019, 3:45 PM
I feel walk-able, pedestrian centered mixed use development, like Shelter Cove, is a desirable attribute for HHI. We have too many run down and old commercial spaces that could be re-developed. Leave our undeveloped land in a natural state. Coligny needs refurbishing. The North End needs a lot of attention as do spots at around mid island. We do not want a high density condo/hotel landscape as that will ruin the Island and make it only for tourist, not permanent residents.
The bridge project is fine but, in reality another bridge connecting 1-95, Bluffton Parkway and the Cross Island road is the best option overall to insure the island doesn't drown in traffic and congestion.
Owen Ambur inside Town Limits June 7, 2019, 10:48 AM
What questions do you have regarding hurricane season preparation, Town's response, public evacuations, or in the event of a storm, recovery?
1) Has any thought been given to how those in need of assistance might be enabled to connect more efficiently with those capable of providing it?
It would be good if such means could be addressed in the update to the town's comprehensive plan, e.g., by the Connected and Collaborative Community workgroup, on which I am serving.
2) Might it not be a good idea to encourage those who are free do to do to take advantage of the opportunity to leave the island early, in advance of mandatory evacuation orders?
3) Will the responses to these questions be made available on the town's website in written form for those who prefer not to take the time to watch videos?