What is the best way to amend the Zoning Code to implement the strategies identified in the High Occupancy Housing Plan? Please provide your comments on this topic. Comments will be accepted until the end of the day on September 15, 2019
The High Occupancy Housing Plan, adopted by the City Council in 2018, introduced new policies and potential strategies for increasing the community benefits of large, mixed-use multi-family developments. The plan included strategies to ensure that future HOH buildings will be in the right places, built to the right scale, and have the right features for residents and the wider community.
To do this, the City needs to amend the Flagstaff Zoning Code, which is planned over several sets of amendments. Right now, Flagstaff's Zoning Code Manager is working on the first set of these amendments and wants your feedback on:
- Proposed changes to building heights in the Community Commercial (CC) zone.
- Proposed High Occupancy Housing Development definition,
- Conditional Use Permit additional criteria for a High Occupancy Housing Development,
- Use Specific criteria for a High Occupancy Housing Development,
- Proposed High Occupancy Housing Development parking provisions,
- The addition of maximum bedroom per acre densities in the Medium Density Residential (MR) and High Density Residential (HR), and
- Replace the Rooming and Boarding land use and with High Occupancy Housing Development or Mixed-Use High Occupancy Housing Development land use where applicable.
The Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a work session to discuss these concepts and your feedback on Wednesday, August 14 at 4 pm at City Hall. You can attend the meeting, or watch it online at www.flagstaff.az.gov/streaming to see how your comments are considered.
Instructions to Review the Proposed Zoning Code Amendment Concepts and Option to Provide Comments:
Click on the blue "Your Annotations" link above or the "Add Your Annotation" button below to begin to review the proposed zoning code amendment concepts. Please awnser the questions and provide your comments pertaining to the Zoning Code amendment topics to implement the High Occupancy Housing Plan (HOHP).
This topic has 309 visitors and 94 annotations: 84 registered annotations and 10 unregistered annotations.
That's 4.7 hours of public comment @ 3 minutes per annotation.