Have an opinion on transportation, housing or the minimum wage? Submit your position for the 2018 Election Publicity Pamphlet by August 8, 2018.
The City will have five propositions on the November 6, 2018 election ballot. You are invited to submit an argument for or against them of 300 words or less by 4:00 p.m., Arizona time, August 8, 2018. The propositions are:
PROPOSITION NO. 418 Sustainable Wage Act Initiative
PROPOSITION NO. 419 Continuance of Sales Taxes – Roadway, Pedestrian, Bicycle and Safety Improvements (Resolution No. 2018-32)
PROPOSITION NO. 420 Sales Tax – Lone Tree Railroad Overpass from Butler Avenue to Route 66 (Resolution No. 2018-33)
PROPOSITION NO. 421 Sales Tax – Increasing Transit Services (Resolution No. 2018-34)
PROPOSITION NO. 422 Secondary Property, Ad Valorem Tax - General Obligation Bonds for Affordable Housing (Resolution No. 2018-35)
Arguments for each proposition will be presented in two groups: "for" and "against". Arguments will be presented in the order they are received.
Submit your arguments electronically to email@example.com. BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE RULES!
- In accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes, each argument filed shall not exceed 300 words and shall contain the sworn statement of each person sponsoring it.
- If the argument is sponsored by an organization, it shall contain the sworn statement of two executive officers of the organization.
- If the argument is sponsored by a political committee it shall contain the sworn statement of the committee’s chairman or treasurer.
- Each argument filed shall also be submitted in electronic format to the City Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The person or persons signing the argument shall identify themselves by giving their residence or post office address and a telephone number, which information shall not appear in the pamphlet.
If you have any questions about the foregoing, please contact Stacy Saltzburg, Acting City Clerk, at 928-213-2077
This topic has 24 visitors and 0 statements.