What do you think of the proposed Zoning Ordinance Text Amendments?
Avondale residents are encouraged to provide input on the proposed text amendments to the Avondale Zoning Ordinance. We value our residents’ opinions and ideas.
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
The purpose of updating the Zoning Ordinance is to allow for continued refinement, to reflect changes in policies and procedures, to reflect new development trends, to address changes to industry standards, to enhance the overall usability and accuracy, and to allow for general housekeeping and clerical corrections.
Updates are proposed to Section 1 Administration and Procedures, Section 2 Residential Districts, Section 3 Commercial Districts, Section 4 Employment Districts, Section 5 Special Districts; Overlays, Section 6 Planned Area Development District, Section 7 Supplementary Regulations, Section 8 Parking, Section 9 Signs, Section 11 Required Public Art for New Planned Area Developments (PAD), Commercial, Office, Employment, and Municipal Construction, Section 12 Landscape, Walls, and Fences, and Section 13 Medical Marijuana Uses.
Some of the proposed updates include:
- Prohibit reduction in parking stall sizes or required parking with Administrative Relief
- Revise home occupation regulations
- Add mobile food vendor to land use matrix for commercial and industrial zones
- Prohibit mobile food vendors from operating in an area zoned for residential use or within 250 feet of an area zoned for residential use, except with a City-approved special event permit
- Create a new “The BLVD” zoning district
- Revise the process for the expiration of PAD zoning
- Revise process and regulations for wireless facilities
- Add requirement for single-family dwellings to have 1 visitor parking space per unit where on-street parking or driveway parking is not provided
- Add allowance for off-premise model home signs
- Change hours of dispensaries from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
A complete copy of the proposed text amendments can be viewed here: LINK
Please tell us what you think! Your input will be considered by City Staff during the review and approval process.
Scheduled for the August 15, 2019 Planning Commission Meeting and September 9, 2019 City Council Meeting.
Staff – Michelle Pelishek 623.333.4022