Please share your thoughts on the proposed FY 2018-2019 budget for the Town of Davidson
Development of a balanced budget is a fundamental responsibility of local government governing bodies; North Carolina General Statutes govern the requirements of the budget development process.
The board of commissioners and town staff worked diligently to establish goals and priorities which started at our retreat in January. Those priorities are supported through the budget. In Davidson, the town manager is the budget officer for the town. His responsibility is to prepare and present the board of commissioners with a proposed budget each year. He works closely with staff to project revenues and expenditures for the upcoming fiscal year.
Below is a schedule of activities for the approval of the July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 fiscal year budget:
- April 24: The recommended budget is presented for board review
- May 1: Budget discussion at board meeting
- May 8: Public hearing on the budget at board meeting
- May 22: Budget discussion at board meeting
- June 12: Regular meeting: budget ordinance will be considered for approval by the board
Information regarding budget items to be discussed at the above meetings will be found attached to the published agendas here: http://davidson.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/ and at www.townofdavidson.org/budget.
All citizens are encouraged to participate in the budget process, and especially to attend the May 8 public hearing.