What type of play feature would you like to see at Roosevelt Wilson Park?
Since FY11, the Davidson Board of Commissioners have annually funded $50,000 to make repairs and enhancements for users of Roosevelt Wilson Park, Davidson’s oldest and most frequently visited park.
Over the past few years, we have:
- winterized the restrooms
- made improvements to the boardwalk over the pond
- installed a new boardwalk along Griffith Street, including two fishing piers
- added new walkways lined with pavers, and
- added recycling bins throughout the park
During FY16 budget deliberations, the commissioners expressed strong conviction to completing the renovations and improvements quickly. They appropriated over $200,000 for Roosevelt Wilson Park in the current year’s operating budget.
This year we plan to:
- landscape the northern corner of the park
- remove excessive pavement
- fix walkways, and
- add a new play feature, specifically suited to pre-school aged park users
We would like to hear your thoughts on what type of play feature you would like to see at Roosevelt Wilson Park. We will show you a series of images that are representative examples of what could be installed. To start the short survey, please click the green “Take the Survey” button below.