Share your priorities for the next City budget! Let us know what you love about this community and what you think could be better in the next two years.
Do you have 20/20 vision? Help us focus on the financial future of Manhattan Beach!
The City of Manhattan Beach is asking you to share your priorities for the future of our community by taking this quick survey about the quality of life in Manhattan Beach. We want to know what is important to YOU so that we can continue to provide the best services possible.
The feedback you provide here will be shared with the City Council as they make decisions about the City’s upcoming 2018-2020 budget.
In 2016, the City transitioned to a two-year budget cycle, which allows for more long-range planning and a chance to deepen the focus on the large-scale Capital Improvements Program (CIP). The City Council will review the proposed budgets for fiscal years (FY) 2018-2019 and 2019-2020. After their review process, they will adopt the FY 2018-2019 budget and approve the 2019-2020 budget, which will be reviewed again and formally adopted the following year.
As in previous years, the City will use the Pillars of Success from the Manhattan Beach Strategic Plan to help shape the budget, which are:
- Strong Governance that Values Meaningful Resident Engagement
- Excellent City Services Provided by an Aligned and Committed Workforce
- Financial Sustainability
- Environmental Stewardship
- Effective Physical Asset Management
- Economic Vitality
In addition to providing input through this survey, residents are invited to attend the Community Budget Social and provide feedback in person.
Community Budget Social
Tuesday, January 30th
6:00 – 8:00 pm.
Joslyn Community Center
1601 North Valley Drive
A light dinner will be provided, so RSVP to email@example.com now!
The City Council will also host a number of Budget Study Sessions in May 2018 on to be determined dates, which will be open to the public. Visit www.citymb.info/budget for up-to-date information on future meetings.
Thank you for your input! Find more information about how to fill out this survey below.
How to Use Open City Hall
Never used Open City Hall before? It's easy, just follow these steps:
- Click on the topic you're interested in (you've already done this step!)
- Click on the "Take the Survey" button below
- Fill out the questions provided
Choose how you would like your feedback to be displayed:
- Posted on the website with your name
Posted on the website anonymously
- If you would like your feedback to be publicly displayed on this website, whether with your name or anonymously, you will have to create an account with Open City Hall. We do this for a number of reasons, including maintaining civil online discourse and ensuring that all voices are heard equally.
Sent to City staff to be considered with other feedback but not posted publicly on this website
- If you do not want to sign up for Open City Hall, your feedback will still be counted but will not be publicly shared with others who visit this website
This topic has 165 visitors and 12 responses.
That's 36 minutes of public comment @ 3 minutes per response.