What are your thoughts on the location for a multi-use skate park facility within the Town of Danville?
- Identified in the 2017 update of the Danville Parks, Recreation & Arts Strategic Plan as a priority amenity
- Intended to augment and diversify the Town’s parks system
- Recommended to the Town Council by the Parks and Leisure Services Commission for consideration
- 2017/18 budget set aside $20,000 for a skate park feasibility study
- Spohn Ranch conducted the study through site analysis and outreach methods
- Feasibility study identified potential locations for a proposed 20,000 sq ft facility
- In September 2018, the Danville Town Council accepted the study but did not recommend a location for the amenity, citing a need for further consideration
- Council directed staff to seek further input from the community regarding a potential multi-sport skate park and possible locations.
Deadline for the survey is Midnight on September 15, 2019.