Share your thoughts on the draft plan for a renewed vision for the county's economic development strategy.
Prosperity! 2018 is an update to the 5-year Economic Development Plan for Humboldt County. The official name of the plan is the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS). The CEDS is a federally required plan that is partially funded by the US Economic Development Administration.
A CEDS is developed by reaching out to a broad public audience. The plan is meant to guide elected officials in prioritizing public investment in support of business development and worker training.
Humboldt County’s original CEDS was produced in 1999 and was updated in 2007 and 2012. The process encourages the public, business and government to work together to build a resilient local economy.
You are welcome to review the CEDS document, in parts, and let us know whether the strategy is up to snuff. You can review the CEDS 2018 draft plan below or within this survey.
- Part 1 - Introduction
- Part 2 - Focus Areas and Strategies
- Part 3 - Implementation and Next Steps
- Appendix A - Infrastructure Project List
- Appendix B - Workforce Development Current and Planned Activities
- Appendix C - Tourism Arts and Culture
- Appendix D - Links to Source Data
- Appendix E - Abbreviations and Acronyms