Give us your feedback on PDC's 2015-20 Draft Strategic Plan
The Portland Development Commission (PDC) is in the process of updating its Strategic Plan to set the agency’s course of action over the next five years. The goal of the Plan is to achieve widely shared prosperity among all residents of Portland using PDC’s tools for job creation, place-making, and economic opportunity.
This Plan directs PDC’s efforts and investments toward five complementary objectives designed to achieve a dramatic increase in Portland households with an income sufficient to meet their basic needs:
- Strengthen Portland’s communities by striving to build and increase access to healthy, complete neighborhoods throughout Portland.
- Leverage and maintain Portland’s economic competitiveness and create access to high quality employment.
- Increase equitable opportunities to foster wealth creation within communities of color and low-income neighborhoods.
- Align efforts by forming 21st century civic networks, institutions, and partnerships.
- Model the values of this plan and maintain PDC’s ability to be an agent of positive change in the city of Portland by operating an equitable, innovative, and financially sustainable agency.
PDC is currently seeking feedback on the 50% draft to incorporate into the final document this spring. Once adopted, the Plan will be evaluated on high-level metrics and performance measures to assess the collective impact of public and private parties, whose partnership is critical to the Plan’s success.
Please submit your feedback by clicking the Post button below.
This topic has 292 visitors and 24 responses: 10 registered responses and 14 unregistered responses.
That's 1.2 hours of public comment @ 3 minutes per response.