How would you like the City to spend Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME program funds over the next year?
The City has received notification from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that it will receive over $1.5M in funds for the Fiscal Year 2016-17:
- $979,322 in Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, $50,000 of which is projected program income, and
- $599,199 in HOME program funds, $200,000 of which is projected program income
We'd like your feedback about how these funds should be spent.
A Housing and Redevelopment Commission (HRC) Ad Hoc Committee and staff recommend the following funding allocations for 2016-17:
CDBG Program Funding:
- First Time Home Buyer Down Payment Assistance - CHDC ($100,000)
- Housing Rehabilitation Loans/Grants - CHDC ($100,000)
- Redwood Shores Rehabilitation Loan – BRIDGE Housing ($173,380)
- Program Administration ($195,864)
- Code Enforcement ($40,000)
- Winchester Street ($223,180)
- Social Services ($146,898)
HOME Program Funding:
- Acquisition/Rehabilitation/Resale, Foreclosures
- CHDC ($122,824)
- Heart and Hands of Compassion ($122,824)
- CHDO Admin – CHDC ($19,956)
- CHDO Construction – CHDC ($59,868)
- Program Administration ($59,912)
- Redwood Shore Rehabilitation Loan – BRIDGE Housing ($60,000)
- Solano-Napa Habitat for Humanity Loan ($93,735)
- Temporary Tenant-Based Rental Assistance ($60,000)
The Action Plan, required by HUD, is a one year plan used for applying available funding to the community development and affordable housing needs identified in the City’s Five Year Consolidated Plan.
The City is interested in how you would like to see these funds spent next year. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking "Add Your Statement" below.
On Thursday, April 7, 2016, shortly after 7:00 pm, the HRC will hold a public hearing during its regular meeting in City Council Chambers on the City’s Action Plan proposed for Fiscal Year 2016-17 (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017).
WHAT: Public Hearing RE City's Action Plan
WHEN: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 7pm (shortly thereafter)
WHERE: 555 Santa Clara Street, Vallejo
For additional information, please contact Guy L. Ricca, Senior Community Development Analyst with the City’s Housing and Community Development Division, at Guy.Ricca@cityofvallejo.net, or 707-648-4395.
April 7, 2016
This topic has 138 visitors and 13 statements: 9 registered statements and 4 unregistered statements.
That's 39 minutes of public comment @ 3 minutes per statement.